Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Getting close

We are getting excited to meet our new little girl. I am 34 weeks right now...so, realistically, baby could come at any time! Norah affectionately refers to her little sister as Baby Cookie! The nickname has stuck with all of us. We don't quite have Baby Cookie's room ready yet, but we're working on it! Norah seems excited, though I'm sure it'll be a big transition for all of us.

Here is a quick recap of the past few months.

Lance, Norah, and I had a great week in Ogema, celebrating with lots of family during Christmas. Here are some pics of her and her grandparents (and our family Christmas picture).
Norah loves to get outside. But, unfortunately, Mommy doesn't take her out much. So she has to wait for the weekends when Daddy can spend time with her outside!
A couple weeks ago, Lance was in a wedding for a high school and college friend. Norah was with us for part of the time, and really enjoyed the dance floor.
And here are some baby bump pics. 

I have been so thankful for the recent Bible study we went through at our Thursday morning Women's study (at our church). God has been teaching me so much, about waiting on His timing, being still before Him, being desperate for Him, and the importance of being in His Word daily. I have really been hungering more for His Word, and spending time with Him. We have talked about the fact that we WILL face trials in our Christian walk, but the Bible says, "In this world you will have trouble. But take courage, I have overcome the world" John 16:33. What a comfort to know that God has it all under control. Nothing that happens in our life is by chance. He knows it all, way before we know it's coming. One of my life verses is this... Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father, and the fact that I don't need to worry, because He's got my back!

No comments:

Post a Comment