Thursday, June 21, 2012
Summer...
I have started, multiple times, to update our blog...but always got distracted by something else, and just never came back to it! So, here's what we've been up to...
We had lots of celebrating in April. We celebrated Easter with some good friends from church and celebrated both of our birthdays (I was blessed to have a surprise party thrown by a dear friend...Hibachi grill and a movie with my girlfriends. It was a great night). At the end of April, Norah's eye teeth started coming in. We had 3-4 rough weeks, waiting for all of them to pop through. We are very thankful they are all in now!
At the beginning of May we bought a van! And we LOVE it! It has been so wonderful to have the space, convenience, and comfort of a van.
We did our first camping weekend with Norah, at the beginning of June. We went with my parents, my sister and her family, and a cousin and his family. Norah did really well...Lance and I were both pleasantly surprised that she adjusted to the camping schedule, sleeping in a camper, eating outside, etc.
Norah is talking up a storm. She is putting lots of words together, and occasionally even puts 3 or 4 words together to form a sentence. She will (sometimes) sit and listen to a whole book...for those of you that know Norah, this is progress. She rarely sits still, so it's been fun to have her sit on our laps and just sit there, listening! She loves Veggie Tales and Diego. She is starting to sing songs with us, and loves to dance when there's music on.
Lance and I have been enjoying the start of summer! He has gotten in a few rounds of golf already, and is enjoying being able to run outside. I planted a small garden again this year, and have been enjoying watching the plants pop up. Norah and I get outside many times throughout the day. Today she was playing with my watering can, and I heard her say 'foggie in 'er'. Sure enough...there was a frog in there! Didn't bother her in the least...she wanted to play with it!
I have really been enjoying my job as a stay at home wife and mother these past few weeks! Norah is getting to a point where she is pretty content to play on her own while I'm busy. And she is starting to get more interested in the things I'm doing and 'helping' a little! She is at such a fun stage right now, and it's so helpful now that she can communicate with us!
I will be getting pictures posted sometime soon. Stay tuned....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment