Lance, Norah, and I were all sick over Christmas. We had a variety of bugs (cold, flu, pink eye, sore throat, to name a few). We had a long two weeks...but we were very thankful that Lance had 11 days off during that time! We ended up having to stay here on Christmas Eve due to Norah being sick. It started out as a very sad day, knowing we were missing some time to celebrate with our families. But we made the most of it, and had a nice day as a family. Then we went to visit family in Ogema for a few days after Christmas. It was a nice time of visiting, playing games, eating way more than we needed to, and relaxing!
After Christmas, Lance was in work mode. He has been working on a big project at work, that has consumed many of his hours at home after work. We are thankful the end is in sight, at least with this project! I am also thankful that he is so dedicated to his work, and that he works so hard for our family.
I was thankful to have the chance to help out at a spa night at Ogema Baptist Church in January. I brought my Mary Kay, Satin Hands set. There were a variety of other spa-type services offered at no charge, but donation suggested. Donations went to help support an adoption agency that a lady from the church went through in adopting two children. Later that week, I enjoyed getting together with some childhood friends for breakfast (pictured below)! It was great to get together and catch up! That same day I also did a Mary Kay party at my sisters...thanks Joelle! Some of you may not know, but I sell Mary Kay. I have been doing this for about 2 years, but haven't put a lot of effort into it. It was fun to get together with some of Joelle's friends and to 'get back into it' with a party! (If anyone is interested in having a party or doing facials, let me know!!)
This past weekend, some friends offered to take Norah overnight, so Lance and I could have some one-on-one time! (Thanks Derek and Christy). We enjoyed dinner and a movie, sleeping in, a walk outside on a beautiful 44 degree day, coffee at Starbucks, and some time to relax. The house was so quiet without Norah here, but it made us realize just how much we love her and love having her in our lives. We were thankful for a refreshing time!
Norah is growing and learning more every day. She is so much fun right now. We are very thankful for the joy she brings to our life. Some of her new words that we love hearing are cereal (say-so), thank you (gah-guy), grandma (gah-gah), book (bup), movie (moo-moo), amen, and obey.
You probably noticed a theme of thankfulness in this post. God has been teaching me so much, and through so many different avenues, lately! One thing I continue to be reminded of is His goodness. We are blessed beyond measure. I can find a lot to complain about any given day, but I am trying to remember to be truly thankful for all He has blessed us with. I am so thankful that He chose me... Ephesians 1:4 - "For He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight." We truly are blessed to be chosen by Him.




No comments:
Post a Comment