Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life is changing

We have had some excitement in our house over the past couple of days. Norah had her 6 month appointment on Friday. She gained 2 pounds, and grew 1 inch since her 4 month appointment (still only in the 25th percentile)! During her exam, her doctor mentioned that one of her bottom teeth was about to pop through. By Saturday morning, there was a tiny tooth poking through. It's Sunday night, and I think the tooth is almost all the way in!

Tonight, while Norah was laying on the floor, she started doing an army crawl. She is starting to understand how she can move to get something that's out of her reach. It is so fun to watch her learn. But we know our every day life is about to change since she is becoming mobile!

Lance and I were both very challenged after hearing the sermon our pastor preached today. Some thoughts I'd like to leave with you are these:
1. Pleasing God is not a choice...it's a necessity.
2. If my passion for something is stronger than my passion for pleasing Christ, that would be considered lust.
3. Holiness is not a static, spiritual state. As Christians, we should not be stuck in neutral. We will start coasting downhill.
4. Delayed obedience is disobedience.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I loved the army crawl season....FUN! I loved the points you made on the sermon....wasn't it good? I remember once he said along the same lines that if we removed something from our lives and it hurts, then it was a idol. OUCH!

    Your blog is beautiful Jenae... enjoy your week with Norah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved and still love watching my boys grow and change and learn, it's so fun!

    That sounds like it must have been an awesome sermon, I never thought of those things like that before! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete